taylor tomasi hill - style and accessories director for marie claire magazine (maybe new fashion director for barneys? hopefully!!!)
i love anything danish and the fashion is no exception. stine goya is one of my favorite designers. here she does an interview about going to central st. martins in london. even though the interview is all in danish, i loved watching it....<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DgVsWWB2Ro8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
i was so sad when i heard that carine roitfeld was resigning as the editor at french vogue. she has been such a fashion inspiration to myself and a lot of other people. i hoped that they would pick someone as amazing as her for the position and in my opinion, they really did pick the right person. emmanuelle alt is so amazing.
my favorite shots from the new campaign by best behavior, one of my favorite danish labels.
can i please be like agnes and ride around in a mercedes with fashion goddesses?<object id="flashObj" width="486" height="412" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,47,0"><param name="movie" value="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF" /><param name="flashVars" value="videoId=622642298001&linkBaseURL=www.vogue.fr%2Fvogue-tv%2Freportages%2Fvideos%2Fagnes-en-mercedes-avec-anna-dello-russo%2F66&playerID=87913031001&playerKey=AQ%2E%2E,AAAAFEedlsE%2E,ZvPvsPXfeCEuGX97aBC4JlYyAGPRGTww&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" /><param name="base" value="http://admin.brightcove.com" /><param name="seamlesstabbing" value="false" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="swLiveConnect" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><embed src="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" flashVars="videoId=622642298001&linkBaseURL=www.vogue.fr%2Fvogue-tv%2Freportages%2Fvideos%2Fagnes-en-mercedes-avec-anna-dello-russo%2F66&playerID=87913031001&playerKey=AQ%2E%2E,AAAAFEedlsE%2E,ZvPvsPXfeCEuGX97aBC4JlYyAGPRGTww&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" base="http://admin.brightcove.com" name="flashObj" width="486" height="412" seamlesstabbing="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" swLiveConnect="true" allowScriptAccess="always" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed></object>
a photoshoot styled by my amazing friend kim johnson...
photos by tommy ton for style.com
1. Soft Focus—Stylist Conrad Dornan was part of the hair team at the Dior fall 2010 show and offers these tips to help achieve the look.
• "Start by separating the hair into sections and applying a texturizing product to each portion, like Shu Uemura's Kaze Wave texturizing foam."
• "Using a small curling iron, begin setting the bottom half of the head in small sections. As you work the sections toward the top and front of the head, offset your sections bit by bit to create a looser wave on top and a tighter wave to support the hair on bottom."
• "Once the hair is set, brush out your hair to your desired shape. Tease at your own discretion to get that great volume, and just use some bobby-pins to secure the hair where necessary."
Shu Uemura Art of Hair Kaze Wave Sensual Curl Texturizing Foam, $33, available at Shu Uemura.
Design Pulse Messy Couture Molding Paste, $16, available at Matrix.
Sultra The Seductress: Curl, Wave & Straight Iron, $230, available at Sephora.
2. On a Roll—Nicole Descoteaux, a stylist at New York's Butterfly Studio, gives her tips on getting Fendi's pompadour.
• "This look is what we call over direction, which means the roll or pouf sits very far forward on its base. Start by using a lot of gel, and make sure to flip your head over and blow-dry forward."
• "Secure hair at the crown, then backcomb, twist, and pin."
The Tools: Oribe Gel Serum, $58, available at Oribe.
TIGI Bed Head Maxxed Out Massive Hold Hairspray, $14.50, available at TIGI.
Goody Bobby Pins, $3.19 the pack of 50, available at Target.
3. Pony Up—Blow stylist Naeemah Carre helps re-create Louis Vuitton's ponytail with five easy steps.
• "Apply Blow's Ready Set Blow Express Blow Dry Lotion to hair, then blow out hair with a medium round boar bristle brush. For extra bounce and curl, add Blow Up Thickening Mist."
• "Spray Blow's Blow Out Spray Serious Non-Stick Hair Spray all over hair for added sheen and a soft hold."
• "Tease hair at the crown for desired lift."
• "Gather hair into a high pony right below the crown using a non-tugging ponytail holder."
• "Wrap a small section of hair around the base of your ponytail to hide the ponytail holder. To take your retro look to the next level you can even wrap a pretty scarf or ribbon around your pony!"
Extra Credit: Tame any flyaways by applying Oscar Blandi's Pronto to the finished look
Blow Blow Up Thickening Mist, $21, available at Ulta.
Blow Ready Set Blow, $21, available in September at Ulta.
Oscar Blandi Pronto Gloss, $23, available at Sephora.
photos from style.com
i have had an obsession with airports for as long as i can remember. they always seemed like they were the gateway to adventure and independence. here is the first international airport i landed at: munich, germany.
love this collection for bottega veneta. the dresses at the end are really completely amazing.